The event will focus on architecture, but also on
public/artistic interventions in public spaces, combined with an exhibition in
the gallery and lectures, debates, discussions. The theme will be explored mainly through
exhibitions of various artists, exhibiting their work, which deal with the
questions of architectural morphology, space and form in architecture,
environmental design, form and environmental cognition, townscape planning,
spatial and landscape simulation, and so on.
The formal structure is similar (but broader in terms of
content) to the CC (Center - City) project, which Maska presented in November
and December 2005. CC consisted of 2 public interventions (billboards around
BTC, the biggest shopping mall in Ljubljana with photos and drawings of fences,
(architecture and urbanistic) plans for the city and the shopping mall, etc.
and one billboard built as a cube in the city center with similar content), an
exhibition and a couple of lectures in the gallery (you can find more on CC
project on the websites www.maska.si and www.fwc.si).
collaboration with the Bauhaus Weimar (container project) and the Fluc from
Vienna (in collaboration with Nomad_theatre
- architects from Berlin and a lecture by Katherina Zakravsky
(debates, discussions, projects, etc.) on architectural/camp structures
- exhibition suggestions: P74 gallery, Kapelica gallery (situated in the
very center of Ljubljana, more on http://www.kapelica.org), KUC
- lectures, discussions etc. in the galleries mentioned above and at Metelkova
City (Menza, Celica, Gromka, etc.)
- public/artistic interventions - Hrvatin and Peter enk, Brane Zorman and
Irena Pivka and invited (2) artists in residence to come to Ljubljana for about
a month and work on something that can be exhibited in a gallery
- film programe - a program of relevant films, also older
films and a lecture on set designs in Metropolis, Blade Runner etc.
- together with Aurora from A+A gallery in Venice we think about possible
collaboration with the Faculty for Architecture from Venice - invite someone to
lecture, or invite students from that faculty for the exchange, prepare an
exhibition in one of the galleries...
- Gallery P74
- Gallery Kapelica
- Metelkova (different locations inside Metelkova City)
- Public locations (ones owned by the city and also private ones, depending on
what we can do)
- SKUC gallery
- KUD France Preseren (locations, appropriate for different events, from an
exhibition to talks, concerts, film viewings, etc.)
|PROJECT: CONA : ZONE